Qualified Deck and Patio Repair Services in Mountain View
Handyman Services of Mountain View
DECK AND PATIO REPAIR
Top Deck and Patio Repair Company Mountain View, CA
Keep Your Outdoor Living Space Looking Its Best
Having a deck or patio can be a wonderful addition to any home—no matter whether it’s for curling up with a good book, entertaining guests, or throwing a summer barbecue. Unfortunately, the space is completely exposed to the natural elements, meaning when it rains, snows, or gets windy, your deck and patio bear the brunt of the damage. Fortunately, Handyman Services of Mountain View professionals are experts in deck repair.
Some common problems decks and patios include the following:
- Wood can become loose, cracked, or rotten.
- Boards can start to become too pliant.
- Handrails can become loose.
- Support posts can become aged and weak.
Handyman Services of Mountain View can fix all of these and more. When you call, we will arrive at your home, inspect the damage, and perform any deck repairs to ensure the area is usable, safe, and beautiful. We can also repair any of your deck and patio fixtures, such as fire pits, built-in barbecues, sitting areas, and more!
How much does it cost to build a patio?
A patio can be made from many different materials including stone, pavers, and concrete. For this discussion we will look at the requirements and costs associated with the installation of a 192 square foot (12’x16′) concrete patio. Of many home improvement projects, a patio installation is one considered to usually be a “DIY” project, but the scope of this particular design might require professionals to get the job done. After all, it is difficult to imagine handling the 200+ bags of Pre-Mix concrete that would be required for a patio of this size or the lifting of the hundreds of pounds of gravel that must be used as the base.
For the patio installation, the typical costs include:
According to PaveTech, the average concrete patio will cost around $700 using pavers and doing all of the work independently. When professional concrete contractors and excavators are used the costs will obviously climb substantially. Traditionally, a patio at the size mentioned will cost roughly $2,000 to $4,000. The resale value of this update would hold at the high-end of $3,200, or an 80% return on investment.
The above figures place the patio installation at $21 per square foot. This pricing structure assumes that masons, excavators and carpenters will charge an average of $70 per hour.
Enhancement and improvement costs
Upgrading quality of materials, especially where concrete is concerned can often yield a much longer life span on the patio. This could mean a concrete with a “fiber mesh 1” added to the mixture, or one that has colored stones added for visual appeal instead. Some contractors will even reinforce a patio slab with “rebar 2” for longevity.
Consider inquiring about “stamped” concrete if you want a textured or patterned look to the patio. This can give the concrete the look of stone, pavers, or bricks.
Additional considerations and costs
If you are going to work with a contractor it is completely acceptable to ask for at least four different bids from different groups. This is going to give a very accurate idea of the total costs and the level of control you will have over project.
- Mountain View, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Los Altos, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Sunnyvale, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Los Altos Hills, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Palo Alto, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Cupertino, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Stanford, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- East Palo Alto, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Menlo Park, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Santa Clara, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Saratoga, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Campbell, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Milpitas, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Newark, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- Redwood City, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me
- San Jose, CA Deck and Patio Repair near me