Best Maintenance Technician Services and Cost in Mountain View, CA
Handyman Services of Mountain View
Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA: Are you Searching for Best Maintenance Technician Services near Mountain View, CA? Handyman Services of Mountain View ,are skilled in a variety of areas including plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems. Duties include inspecting buildings, maintaining inventory, and scheduling repairs. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Maintenance Technician Services around Mountain View, CA. We serve Mountain View, CAand other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
BEST MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN SERVICES IN MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
MOUNTAIN VIEW MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Maintenance Technician At Handyman Services of Mountain View
Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA: Maintenance Technician is also known as Maintenance In Mechanic, Tool Room Executive and Tool Room Technician. Brief Job Description: A Maintenance Technician maintains and equipment used in the workshop.
A maintenance technician is responsible for the upkeep of a facility, such as an apartment building or business office. Handyman Services of Mountain View are skilled in a variety of areas including plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems. Duties include inspecting buildings, maintaining inventory, and scheduling repairs.
Daily duties of a Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technicians may oversee multiple grounds or spend their time dedicated to a single facility. They work flexible hours responding to emergencies when necessary and completing scheduled maintenance when convenient for the building owner. They keep a schedule of routine repairs, inspection sheets and supply needs. Handyman Services of Mountain View may shop for materials and track receipts for reimbursement to make timely repairs. Maintenance Technicians inspect wiring, repair pipes, troubleshoot equipment, replace light bulbs and install new equipment. They document temperature information on boilers and other temperature control systems to ensure safety and identify discrepancies that could indicate a machinery problem.
Qualities of a good Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA: Good Maintenance Technicians have a wide skill set that encompasses multiple trades, combining the roles of an Electrician, Carpenter, Plumber, Landscaper and Inventory Manager into one job. They have versatile interests and can quickly learn how to troubleshoot new equipment and respond to urgent maintenance needs of any kind. Maintenance Technicians are great at time management, allowing them to coordinate complex maintenance tasks in the most efficient manner possible. They are also strong communicators that can interact with building owners and inhabitants to learn their concerns and arrange the best time for major services.
Maintenance Technician Job Description Template:
We are on the hunt for a talented and reliable maintenance technician to join our maintenance department. In this position, your chief responsibility is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of our business premises. Your duties will include conducting quality assessments, scheduling repairs, maintaining inventory, and developing preventative maintenance procedures.
Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, hydraulic systems, and basic tools and appliances. To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, and carpentry.
- Help develop and implement the budget for the maintenance department.
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- May operate facilities with computer or PLC controls.
- Monitors, regulates and adjusts chlorinators, chemical feed pumps, filter rates and other process equipment.
- Washes clarifiers, filter beds, contact basins, operates sludge handling equipment and other unit process equipment.
- Collects samples and performs routine in – plant lab tests as required.
- Maintains a log of operations and maintenance activities and related records.
- May perform custodial or other duties, as required.
- Operates systems to maintain compliance with permit requirements.
- Checking PH levels
Maintenance/Service Technicians are the point of contact for making repairs on agricultural implements and lawn and garden equipment. They are responsible for implementing a basic diagnosis and executing it for clients. Maintenance/Service Technicians also work heavily with diesel engines, gasoline engines, and transmissions.
What Does A Maintenance Technician Do?
Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA:
Maintenance technicians are technicians who specialize in the preservation of office facilities. They have in-depth knowledge of how various office equipment or fixtures work so that they can immediately identify how to repair them in case of breakdowns. Maintenance technicians perform diagnostics and routine maintenance activities to ensure that everything in the office is running well. They immediately repair problems in fixtures or equipment to avoid any further damages or safety concerns. They should be familiar with occupational safety and health standards to ensure that the office is a safe place to work.
Here are examples of responsibilities from real maintenance technician resumes representing typical tasks they are likely to perform in their roles.
- Monitor and document all temperature readings on boilers, chillers, and dry vac systems beginning and mid shift.
- Frequent MIG welding, both stainless and carbon steel as well as preventative maintenance as assigned and emergency maintenance as required.
- Facilitate commercial plumbing, electrical, light HVAC, and carpentry repairs in a laboratory facility environment
- Perform preventative and unscheduled equipment maintenance and document completion in associate work order in CMMS database.
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance calls, paint, repair drywall safely repair minor electrical problems including HVAC.
- Perform ball bar checks using multiple platforms of FANUC controls.
- Repair CATV system plant discrepancies and restore system integrity in compliance with FCC regulations.
- Utilize equipment to perform necessary maintenance including pc terminals, voltmeters, and gauges.
- Analyze and repair electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems on Fanuc and ABB robots.
- Install, repair and troubleshoot electrical wiring, including switches, outlets, lights, ballast.
- Operate heavy duty loader, snow blowers, and CDL dump trucks to plow roads during snow emergencies.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment such as emergency lighting, air handling units, fan coils, and chillers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, clean and keep in compliance with state regulations of all swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and services on exhaust fans, boilers, chiller units, automatic transfer switches, and generators.
- Master ability to prioritize and direct completion of repairs, covering emergency breakdowns and long term repairs effectively.
- Participate in on-call emergency rotation as a driver and maintenance technician; conduct emergency repairs during convoy patrols in Iraq.
- Perform PLC software/hardware modifications to machinery and controls.
- Perform diagnostic and repair activities relate to PLC control conveying equipment.
- Certify crane inspector; document safety/deficiencies in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Maintain safety by following company policy and OSHA’s establish guidelines.
- Understand and follow ISO requirements.
- Maintain clean facility, inventory of automate control equipment, and maintain and troubleshoot automate control equipment
- Maintain conveyor belt systems to include drives and gearboxes, pulleys, belt tension and alignment, and conveyor belt replacement.
- Follow all the plants GOP and GMP procedures.
A maintenance technician oversees periodic maintenance of equipment and troubleshoots common issues. This work needs to adhere to relevant local and federal guidelines. Daily tasks can include repair and replacement of parts, inspection of new components, and maintaining clean tools.
Maintenance requires that a team works together, so communication skills are important. For high-level jobs, the ability to delegate tasks and oversee workers is also important. For resource management, understanding how to use a manual and knowing when to order parts is key.
Knowledge to require on a maintenance technician job description includes mechanical systems and basic tool use. Experience with certain machines should also be specified for certain jobs, such as HVAC or electrical repair.
If you want maintenance technician service call us today Handyman Services of Mountain View.
Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA: if you look up jack of all trades in the dictionary, you might just find a picture of a maintenance technician. These versatile, multi-talented individuals are required to possess technical skills and capabilities in a number of areas. Rather than specializing in one field of maintenance tech, they must hone their abilities in everything from HVAC repair to ventilation system setup, general building surveys to plumbing and even electrical installation.
Whether they are new to the trade or a seasoned veteran, a good facilities maintenance technician should always be seeking to expand their repertoire of talents through continuing training and education. Furthermore, they must possess these 4 essential skills.
- Problem Solving
A maintenance engineer will spend their workday being faced with problem after problem. They are responsible not just for identifying the issue, but for diagnosing its cause, developing a solution, and implementing that solution, often within an extremely short timeframe.
The sign of a good facilities maintenance technician is their ability to keep a cool head under pressure. When faced with a seemingly never-ending litany of electrical, mechanical and structural issues, they must not panic but instead move forward with confidence. A truly skilled maintenance tech will be able to prioritize the most important tasks but not allow smaller or seemingly “lesser” issues to fall by the wayside.
Here is an example of an effective problem-solving strategy which a truly exceptional maintenance technician might employ:
- When asked to troubleshoot a failing electrical system, they begin by investigating common problem points such as breakers or surge protectors.
- Once the cause has been identified and the core issue addressed, they then give the entire system a once-over to ensure that their solution has not brought any new problems to light.
2. Physical Ability
Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA: Facilities maintenance is a physically demanding job. Technicians are required to perform their duties from the very highest roofs and ladders to the tiniest crawl spaces. Lifting and dragging heavy machines and appliances is a regular assignment. Hours are long and often irregular, and jobs frequently force maintenance engineers to work outside in brutally hot or bitterly cold conditions.
Today, there isn’t a single job posting for a maintenance technician which doesn’t include a list of physical requirements. From an electrician in Illinois to a library inspector in Connecticut, employers seeking out maintenance techs are looking for candidates at the top of their physical game. Therefore, the best technicians are the ones who keep their bodies strong and well-trained and remain in top physical condition with a focus on balance, endurance, and stamina.
- Attention to Detail
A facilities maintenance engineer will spend a lot of time closely examining complicated systems. They must be able to understand the inner workings of an electrical circuit and identify each tiny part which makes an HVAC system run properly. A keen eye is required to identify small issues within a much larger whole.
Maintenance technicians who are not detail-oriented will quickly find themselves overlooking problems in the systems they are called on to inspect and repair. Small problems, when ignored, can then develop into much larger issues which make a maintenance engineer’s job much more stressful and complicated.
Just how important is it for facilities maintenance techs to develop their eye for detail? Popular job-hunting site Indeed.com features “Detail Oriented Jobs” as a distinct category and maintenance-related positions frequently appear at the top of the list.
Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA: Take a quick look back through this article and take note of the many different elements which have been mentioned. Electrical wiring, plumbing, HVAC systems, ventilation, heating and cooling, a building’s external support structure and that’s just scratching the surface of the areas which are considered a maintenance technician’s domain.
How much does a Maintenance Technician make in Mountain View, CA?
Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA:
The average salary for a Maintenance Technician is $46,056 in Mountain View, CA. Salaries estimates are based on 449 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Maintenance Technician employees in Mountain View, CA.
How much does a Facility Maintenance Technician II make in Mountain View, CA?
The average Facility Maintenance Technician II salary in Mountain View, CAis $57,789 as of 2021, but the range typically falls between $51,687 and $65,998. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.
Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA: Facility Maintenance Technician II performs skilled maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and other physical structures. Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs facilities mechanical components and electrical systems in accordance with SOPs (standard operating procedures), internal requirements, manufacturer’s specifications and safety policies. Being a Facility Maintenance Technician II develops, maintains and secures a spare parts inventory of basic maintenance hand and power tools. Recommends purchase of maintenance tools, equipment and supplies as required. Additionally, Facility Maintenance Technician II assists engineers in developing methods and procedures to improve facility efficiency and workflow. Oversee and review the work of lower-level technicians. Requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to supervisor or manager. The Facility Maintenance Technician II works under moderate supervision. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline.
An early career Maintenance Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $18.19 based on 28 salaries. A mid-career Maintenance Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $23.40 based on 24 salaries. An experienced Maintenance Technician with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $24.49 based on 25 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $25.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What skills do you need to be a maintenance person?
Some of the top skills you need as a maintenance person include:
- Customer service skills
- A steady hand and good hand-eye coordination to repair, connect or attach small components
- Troubleshooting skills to find, diagnose and repair problems
- Ability to work quickly under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Technical abilities
Is a maintenance person’s role physically demanding?
The role of a maintenance person may be physically demanding. Maintenance personnel may have to lift heavy objects or stand for extended periods of time. The work usually involves walking, climbing and reaching.
What hours do you generally work as a maintenance person?
Maintenance person typically works full time, including evenings, weekends and possibly holidays. Many maintenance employees have to be on call for emergency repairs outside of business hours.
How do you prioritize your duties on a Monday morning?
Tests the candidate’s ability to prioritize tasks.
What are Preventive Maintenance Regulations?
Highlights the candidate’s experience and training in a similar position.
What experience do you have in plumbing?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of plumbing systems.
Are you available to work weekends?
Shows the candidate’s work schedule and availability.
Can you describe your method for effectively inspecting ventilation systems?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
CALL US FOR:
- Maintenance Technician Services Near Mountain View, CA
- Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description
- Maintenance Technician Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintenance Technician Resume
- Maintenance Technician Salary
- Maintenance Technician Job Description Resume
- Maintenance Technician Skills
- Machine Maintenance Technician Job Description
- Maintenance Technician Requirements
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician Salary Near Mountain View, CA
- Technician Salary Per Month
- Railway Technician Salary
- Electrical Technician Salary
- Maintenance Engineer Salary
- Maintenance Engineer Salary
- Technician Salary Per Month
- Technician Jobs Salary Near Mountain View, CA
- Mountain View, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Los Altos, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Sunnyvale, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Los Altos Hills, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Palo Alto, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Cupertino, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Stanford, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- East Palo Alto, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Menlo Park, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Santa Clara, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Saratoga, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Campbell, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Milpitas, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Newark, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- Redwood City, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me
- San Jose, CA Maintenance Technician Service Near Me