Best Patio Door Repair And Installation Company and Cost Mountain View, CA
Handyman Services of Mountain View
Patio Door Repair And Installation Company Near Mountain View, CA: Are you Searching for Best Patio Door Repair And Installation Company near Mountain View, CA? Handyman Services of Mountain View ,can install all different types of patio doors. Whether your new door is prehung or you need a new door frame, our trained experts can handle it. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Patio Door Repair And Installation Company around Mountain View, CA. We serve Mountain View, CA and other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
BEST PATIO DOOR REPAIR AND INSTALLATION COMPANY IN MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
MOUNTAIN VIEW PATIO DOOR REPAIR AND INSTALLATION COMPANY
Patio Door Repair And Installation Company
Patio Door Repair And Installation Company Near Mountain View, CA: Your patio is the perfect place to relax and unwind, which is why it should be easy to access. If your patio door is broken or you need a new patio door installed, Handyman Services of Mountain View can help! Give us a call for professional patio door installation and repair services.
Patio Door Installation
Glass or metal sliding, folding or swinging Handyman Services of Mountain View can install all different types of patio doors. Whether your new door is prehung or you need a new door frame, our trained experts can handle it. For a weather tight fit, we’ll install weather stripping and insulation for efficiency. We’ll also take care of any necessary trim work and caulking for a professional-looking fit and finish.
Patio Door Repair
If your patio door doesn’t open like it used to, you know who to call. We’ll replace broken hinges, worn-out latches, locks, springs and more. For sliding patio door repairs, our experts will clean and lubricate the tracks and replace any rollers to ensure smooth operation.
Patio Door Repair And Installation Near Me
With over more locations throughout Mountain View, CA, your local Handyman Services of Mountain View is ready to help you on your next patio door repair or installation project. Give us a call or request service online.
Premiere patio doors with energy saving climate control
Patio Door Repair And Installation Company Near Mountain View, CA:
With Handyman Services of Mountain View Patio Doors you’ll experience the same level of quality and energy efficiency as our premier replacement windows.
Also called sliding doors, they are the perfect complement to your home’s unique character and the design style you’re creating. It’s more than an entrance or exit, it’s a beautiful view of your world. Dependable security, beauty, high durability and easy operation are just a part of the inside story on how Handyman Services of Mountain View patio doors are produced.
Fully interlocking panels glide on dual tandem rollers for smooth hassle-free operation. Glazing insulates against heat and cold year-round, so when you tear yourself away from the great outdoors you’ll find it’s great indoors, too.
About Our Patio Doors
Patio doors allow you to easily transition from your indoor living space to an outdoor living room easily. You can even bring the outside in during those breezy summer nights with a screen door. Patio doors in Mountain View, CA that have broken seals or have lost their insulation properties should be replaced with energy efficient patio door solutions.
Window Works offers a variety of patio door replacement products to fit your budget and needs. We can install a new patio door independently or along with the installation of a front entry door. We can provide you with the exterior services you need for your home – no matter how many services you require.
Sliding Patio Doors
Since long ago, Handyman Services of Mountain View has removed and installed patio sliding doors throughout the Mountain View, CA area. Our expert installers carefully remove your old door, and clean up the frame before installing your new patio door. We provide debris removal, and our installs are done in a timely manner. Handyman Services of Mountain View makes patio door replacement affordable and headache-free with our full-service installs.
Whether you prefer a sliding glass patio door with no screen or with a screen, Handyman Services of Mountain View listens to what you want. We let you choose between the different options we offer. You might not even want a sliding patio door, but instead would prefer elegant, ornately paneled French Doors. We have designs available that will fit every person’s style.
Basics Of Patio Door Repair
Patio Door Repair And Installation Company Near Mountain View, CA: If you’re unhappy with the way your patio door works from sliding to the lock then it’s probably time to look at making patio door repairs. The good news is that you don’t need to be a professional to take care of some of the most common sliding patio door issues.
Here are some basic steps of sliding patio door repairs from Handyman Services of Mountain View:
- Clearing the track
See that dirt and grime on your door’s track? That’s the first place to look when it comes to patio door repairs. Remember, everything from mud to pet hair gets caught in there, resulting in unpleasant grime that can make sliding difficult. It’s one of those DIY patio door repairs that is simple as long as you’re willing to put in the elbow grease.
- Removing the door
One of the best ways to diagnose sliding patio door repair needs is to remove the door and examine it up close. The difficult part, of course, is removing the door. Unlike screen patio doors, the actual sliding patio door is very heavy. To remove the sliding patio door, access the roller adjusters at the bottom of the door and use the screw mechanism to retract the rollers. Once the rollers have given you space, angle it out of the track until the sliding door panel comes out easily.
With the door removed, you can check the frame for warps, examine the rollers, or see other parts of the door up close.
- Replacing the track
The locking mechanism of a patio door is generally a hook-style lock that doubles as a door handle and uses a spring for the hook (lock). You don’t need to know the internal locking mechanics to make patio door repairs, though; if the spring breaks, the mechanism can easily be replaced by purchasing a similar-style lock and opening up the door handle. Anyone with some experience fixing things up around the house should be able to handle this, as it’s simply an unscrew-and-replace process.
The Importance of Maintaining Sliding Patio Doors
Patio Door Repair And Installation Company Near Mountain View, CA: Sliding glass doors are quite prevalent in Mountain View, CA condominiums and residential properties. The majority of these external doors are in patio areas or on backyard decks. During a nice summer day there is no better feeling than sitting outdoors on your balcony or deck enjoying the sunshine. To enjoy this outdoor experience, it is essential to maintain sliding doors and replace them if necessary. If you are a homeowner with sliding doors, it is important to understand that they require general repair and maintenance. If the sliding glass door does not slide properly, you need to inspect it to see if the door requires repair. Be sure to check where the door meets the frame. If it is out-of-square, you might notice a minimal gap at the bottom or top of the door. This is especially prevalent when you try to slide the door back and forth. Having an improper sliding door track alignment can be one of the main reasons for heat or air conditioning loss. Replacing worn out and old sliding door components provides an opportunity to give your older doors a facelift that will allow them to operate like new for years to come.
Installing New Sliding Patio Doors is Our Specialty
Handyman Services of Mountain View, we have been servicing customers in Greater Mountain View, CA for over a decade! We are a name you can trust replacing your old patio door or building a new one for your home. Just ask any of our customers!
New patio doors can upgrade the appearance and energy efficiency of your home. Handyman Services of Mountain View offers options galore available for homeowners with any budget.
If you love outdoor living and want to make the most of it, you owe it to yourself to explore how new patio doors can enhance the exterior and interior appearance of your home, while also improving energy efficiency and security. To learn more, or to request a quote on sliding patio doors for your home, contact Handyman Services of Mountain View today!
At Handyman Services of Mountain View, we offer a full range of sliding door repair and replacement services in the Greater Mountain View, CA area from roller to handle, from track to glass. With one quick phone call, our team will be on its way to provide you with the best sliding door experience. Repairs are performed on site by our team of professionals all are licensed and insured, and possess the latest knowledge on sliding door technology. Our experts get the job done quickly and at convenient rates.
Patio Door Installation tips
Patio Door Repair And Installation Company Near Mountain View, CA: Start by purchasing a door suitable for your climate and situation. If you have severe winters, be sure to get thermally insulated glass. Low-e coating on the glass limits the passage of heat, keeping your room cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Also, be sure the door seals tightly when closed and that the weatherstripping is durable. If you plan to keep the door open in the summer, see that the screen door seals tightly as well.
Once you get your new patio door home, here is how to install it:
- Frame the opening. If you’re working with new construction, this is probably already done. If you’re cutting a new door into an existing wall, you’ll have to do the necessary framing. Before cutting and removing any framing from the opening, the ceiling must be temporarily supported with posts and a beam to avoid structural damage to your house. The opening must then be framed correctly, with a large horizontal header spanning the length of the door overhead. For more about this, see Wall Framing for a Window.
Literature that comes with your door will tell you the exact size of the required opening. Make sure your opening is very close to perfectly square: Use a level to check the sides for plumb and the top and bottom for level.
- Cut the siding. Unless you’re working with new construction, you’ll need to cut the siding where the new door will go. In most cases, you want the door’s exterior molding to fit inside the house’s siding rather than sitting on top of it. With a helper, hold the door up against the house, check it for level and plumb, and mark the siding for cutting. Cut the siding with a circular saw, taking care not to cut too deeply. Set the door in place again to make sure it will fit.
- Flash the opening. With existing construction, pry back the siding and slip in 10-inch-wide pieces of roofing paper. Staple the paper to the framing so that all exposed wood is covered. Cut a piece of drip edge flashing to fit over the door. Slide it under the siding. Don’t nail it, just slip it in tightly. With new construction, just fasten the roofing paper and flashing to the studs and framing.
- Position and level the door. With a helper, set the door in the opening. Have the helper hold the door in place from the outside while you work on the inside. Check all four sides for level or plumb.
Patio Door Repair tips
Patio Door Repair And Installation Company Near Mountain View, CA: According to This Old House, debris build-up is the main reason for a sliding door that refuses to glide. Dirt, mud, hair and fur can collect along the track and in the groove, which clogs the rollers underneath and prevents smooth motion. Here’s how you can clean the rollers and the track.
- Remove the door from the track. First, Locate the roller adjustment screws and use a screwdriver to turn the screws counterclockwise. This will retract the rollers and make the door flush with the track. Then, remove the door stop at the top of the frame, which should be as simple as unscrewing it. Once those two steps are taken, you should be able to carefully remove the door from the track.
- Check the rollers. Place the door on a pair of sawhorses for easy access to the rollers on the bottom. Use a screwdriver to gently pull the rollers out. If they appear to be damaged, that may be your problem — they’ll have to be replaced. If they’re simply dirty, scrape any dirt off, then rub them clean with denatured alcohol. You may want to re-oil them using silicone spray, which repels dirt.
- Reinstall your clean rollers. Align each adjustment screw with the access hole and tap into place using a hammer and a wood block to prevent damage to the wheels. When they’re properly in place, retract the rollers as far as possible.
- Clean the tracks. As with the rollers, wipe the top track with alcohol and spray with silicone. Vacuum loose debris from the bottom track, then clean with alcohol. However, you’ll want to lubricate the bottom track by rubbing it a few times with a block of paraffin wax instead of silicon paraffin is more substantial and will hold up to the wear and tear the bottom track tends to take.
- Reinstall your door. Align it in the bottom track and then tilt it up. Reattach the head stop first — otherwise it could fall out. Roll the door toward the latch-side jamb, then turn the adjustment screws until the door is parallel with the jamb.
How Much Does It Cost To Install Patio Doors?
Patio Door Repair And Installation Company Near Mountain View, CA:
Typical Range:$1,200 – $10,000
Patio Door Installation Cost
Installing a patio door costs between $1,200 and $10,000, with most homeowners paying an average of $2,500. That price includes professional installation, which costs between $70 and $120 per hour. A typical job takes between three and five hours to complete.
Patio doors are unique because they need to both insulate your interior and offer a broad opening for exterior living space. Exact project costs depend on the materials and type of door you choose. Hiring a professional can help you get the job done quickly, safely, and correctly the first time.
Patio Door Installation Costs
- Average Cost $2,500
- High Cost $10,000
- Low Cost $1,200
Patio Door Prices
When installing or replacing your patio entrance, the door typically costs between $400 and $5,000. Standard patio doors are 80 inches tall and basic options are 72 inches wide. Many people prefer larger doors at 96 or 108 inches tall, while larger openings may require widths between 96 and 120 inches.
Patio Door Cost by Material
Type of Frame Average Standard Cost For Larger Sizes
Vinyl $300 – $800 $800 – $1,200
Aluminum $600 – $1,000 $1,000 – $2,000
Fiberglass $800 – $1,800 $1,800 – $3,500
Wood $1,500 – $2,500 $2,500 – $5,000
The type of glass also affects total door cost. Custom options, like impact-resistant glass to withstand storms, decorative glass, built-in blinds, and built-in grids will increase patio door costs between 10% and 30%.
Sliding Door Costs
A sliding patio door costs between $1,000 and $2,600. This option slides open left to right or vice versa, or multi-sliding, and is especially beneficial for areas with limited space surrounding the opening. Depending on required space, options range between two and four glass panels.
Sliding Door Costs
- 2-Panel $300 – $1,500
- 3-Panel $700 – $3,000
- 4-Panel $2,000 – $5,000
Average Cost to Install a Patio Door
Hiring a professional to install your patio door will cost between $400 and $1,400 in most situations. The total amount will include measuring and preparing the opening, trimming the door as needed, setting up the work site, and actual installation. Disposal of installation waste and other debris is typically included in the price.
Most contractors begin the project by evaluating the site and giving a quote. Conditions and size of project will determine door options and materials to be ordered. Several factors can alter installation costs. Delicate or custom materials don’t just cost more, but also require additional labor. Unfavorable site conditions may require additional installation. Pre-hung doors are more expensive, but decrease the installation price.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the best sliding patio door?
The best sliding patio door depends on your personal preferences for your home window and door project. However, a single-glazed aluminum sliding door is generally recommended by door installers as one of the best options in terms of durability and value for money.
How much does it cost to replace a sliding patio door?
Replacing a sliding patio door costs anywhere from $700 to $2,400, depending on the size of the door being removed and the type of door being installed. Replacing a sliding door can cost more than installing a new one as it may require the removal of an old one and refitting for a new one.
What is the standard size for a sliding patio door?
While the standard height of a sliding patio door is 80”, there are two standard widths: 60” and 72”.
How much does it cost to install a new sliding glass door?
The average project to install a 6′ wide sliding patio door averages $2,000-$4,000 for the project. This price includes the door, installation fees, and additional costs such as locks, blinds, and screens.
How much does it cost to put in a sliding door?
The average cost to put in a sliding door ranges between $2,000-$4,000. The cost fluctuates based on the type, material, window pane, installation prices, and size.
How much are hurricane sliding glass doors?
Hurricane sliding glass doors are a big investment but are worth it if you are in a region that experiences many hurricanes. Hurricane sliding glass doors can cost about $2,200 per door with installation fees.
How much is an automatic sliding door?
Automatic sliding doors provide strength, technology and a nice appearance. They are on the expensive side and range from $2,500-$5,000 per door. This price includes the door, installation fees, and additional charges such as a lock and blinds.
CALL US FOR:
- Patio Door Repair And Installation Company Near Mountain View, CA
- Sliding Glass Door Installers
- Sliding Door Installation
- Sliding Glass Door Repair Company
- Sliding Patio Door Repair Service
- Sliding Glass Door Replacement
- Sliding Glass Door Companies
- Patio Door Repair Company
- Sliding Door Repair Near Mountain View, CA
- Sliding Door Installation Cost
- Cost Of Sliding Glass Doors
- Cost To Replace Sliding Glass Door With Solid Wall
- Cost To Replace Sliding Glass Door With French Doors
- Barn Door Installation Cost
- Cost To Replace Window With Sliding Glass Door
- 12 Foot Sliding Glass Door Cost
- Patio Door Installation Cost Near Mountain View, CA
- Mountain View, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Los Altos, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Sunnyvale, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Los Altos Hills, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Palo Alto, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Cupertino, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Stanford, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- East Palo Alto, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Menlo Park, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Santa Clara, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Saratoga, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Campbell, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Milpitas, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Newark, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- Redwood City, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me
- San Jose, CA Patio Door Repair and Installation Service Near Me