Entry Door Installation And Repair Services and Cost Near Mountain View, CA
Handyman Services of Mountain View
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :Are you Searching for Best Entry Door Installation And Repair Service near Mountain View, CA? Handyman Services of Mountain View , we have a wide variety of name brand residential entry doors to match every unique style and design preference. We work with one simple goal in mind: to leave you satisfied well after our job is complete. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Entry Door Installation And Repair Service around Mountain View, CA. We serve Mountain View, CA and other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
BEST ENTRY DOOR INSTALLATION AND REPAIR SERVICES IN MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
MOUNTAIN VIEW ENTRY DOOR INSTALLATION AND REPAIR
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :Creating your perfect home is all about perfecting the details. These details lay in home accents, unique features, modern windows and an entry door that will draw people inside.
At Handyman Services of Mountain View, we have a wide variety of name brand residential entry doors to match every unique style and design preference. With more years of combined experience in the industry, you can trust us to find you the perfect door at the perfect price. We work with one simple goal in mind: to leave you satisfied well after our job is complete.
Why Choose Us
Handyman Services of Mountain View is a proud, accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we are a James Hardie Associate Contractor, licensed Illinois Roofing Contractors, a certified TEE Star Contractor, a GAF Certified Contractor, and we are certified by the Northbrook Chamber of Commerce.
- We Care About Your House
Your house isn’t just the walls and roof, it’s the lawn and trees you have been caring for since you moved in, and we understand how important landscaping is. We may have to trim any trees or bushes that get in our way but we are absolutely willing to work around any of your plants that you want protected.
- Excellent Service
We are easy to contact by email, phone, our website. We will answer any and all questions you may have, and when you hire us we will make sure that our services fit your artistic vision, your needs, and most importantly, your wallet. All of our services come with a three-year warranty and we can assure that we will protect your home from any damage during the installation which we will perform as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Homegrown Experience
Handyman Services of Mountain View began in Northbrook by local residents all the way back, and we have been doing nothing but providing excellence in service and beautiful work since then.
The Importance of Your Entry Door
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :Many people refer to an entry door as the mouthpiece of the home because of the integral role it plays in welcoming people into your home. However, it does far more than that. In fact, your door is more than just an entrance into your home. It plays a key role in the safety of your home, its appearance, and its energy efficiency. Therefore, when you complete a new entry door installation, you can greatly improve the value of your home and even help it sell.
While your exterior door greets welcomed family, friends, and neighbors, it plays an even larger role in keeping unwanted guests out of your home. Without a sturdy and secure front door, you put your home and family at risk for burglary or even more dangerous crimes. The door also protects your home from the elements. When heavy winds come knocking, you want your door to be strong enough to withstand it.
Your exterior door also serves a large role in your home’s exterior appearance. When you choose a beautiful, new replacement door, you can greatly increase the curb appeal of your home. A door that is plainer or worn out can really drag down the overall appearance of your home, both inside and out, and as a result, it can bring down the value of your home. If you are trying to sell it with an old door, you might find that it is more difficult than it would be if you replaced it with a stylish, new door.
- Energy Efficiency
Lastly, a lot of people forget about the connection between your entry door and your home’s energy efficiency. There are two key ways that an old door can decrease the efficiency of your home and cost you more money for heating and cooling. First, older doors don’t feature the innovative materials that offer better insulation. Secondly, if your old door doesn’t have a great seal when it’s closed, you will lose money while your cool air escapes in the summer, and chilly air come in in the winter. If you’ve noticed that your door is drafty, it’s time for a new one.
- Curb Appeal
Your entry door is one of the first things that people notice about your home. It draws the eye, and it can make a positive or negative impression on friends, family, neighbors, and potential homebuyers that’s hard to get past. If you plan to sell your home in a few years, or just plan to entertain at your home frequently, your curb appeal should be a consideration.
The entry doors we sell at Today’s Entry Doors are beautiful and come in a wide variety of styles so you can be sure to find something that makes the impression you want to make. But the installation also has an impact on the door’s appearance. For instance, if the door is poorly installed, it could be damaged in the process. If it’s the wrong fit or crookedly installed, this will also make a poor first impression. A professional installation, on the other hand, will look smooth and polished, so everyone who passes your home can be wowed by the beauty of your door.
Most entry door professionals are insured with general liability insurance and worker’s compensation. This is so that if something goes wrong on the job, whether the door or frame is damaged or someone on the installation crew is hurt during the process, the insurance company will cover the damage and you won’t be held liable. This is the kind of benefit you can only enjoy with a professional installation crew. If you perform a DIY door installation, you’ll be just as likely — if not more so — to have accidents on the job, but you’ll be held completely liable for those accidents, which can be a hefty cost to shoulder.
A professional entry door installation might seem an intimidating investment, but if you’re on a budget, you can still find a way to make that project work for you. We offer a number of financing plans so that you can find a payment plan that works for you. Through this, you can afford the door you need and the professional installation you need to make it last.
When your entry door isn’t contributing to your home in the ways mentioned above, you can come to Guaranteed Windows for a beautiful, custom entry door. To learn more about the products and services we have to offer, you can call or fill out our online form to request a free, no-obligation quote.
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :Installation of a commercial door is not something that happens often, but sometimes it is needed to replace an old door or to create a larger entrance for your customers. There are a few different types of doors that you can select from, but in most situations, business owners choose to mix and match the different doors so that their store is easier to enter.
Here are the most common type of commercial doors in in Mountain View, CA:
- Manual Doors – This is a door that the customer pushes and pulls to open. These doors are a great option to install at a mall or a place with a smaller entrance, but keep in mind that sometimes these doors can be heavy and difficult for some individuals to open.
- Automatic Doors – These are doors that open as you get close to the motion sensor that opens them. This type of door can be a swinging door that is reminiscent of a manual door or it can be a sliding door, which gives you a larger entrance. There are also automatic rotating doors that are designed to keep foot traffic moving at the entry point.
- ADA Doors – These are handicapped doors that make it easier for someone with a disability to enter your store. Typically, this type of door has a button that you press as you are approaching the door that opens it so that when you get to the door, you can simply enter it.
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :
Since most businesses Mountain View, CA have a lot of foot traffic each day, it only makes sense that the doors will wear out more quickly at a business than they would in a residential setting. This means that repairs will need to be made to the doors so that they are able to function for years to come. At Handyman Services of Mountain View, we understand that sometimes emergency repairs may need to be made as well, so we can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week at. We are licensed and insured professionals that have been serving Mountain View for over a decade. Call today for a free quote.
There are a lot of different types of commercial door repairs that we take care of at Handyman Services of Mountain View, here are a few of the most common:
- Break-Ins – No matter where your business is located, robberies can occur. If the door has taken damage from a break-in, call. We have trained professionals on call all day and night to deal with any emergency repairs that you may need.
- Hinge Damage – High foot traffic through an entryway adds to the stress and the strain that is put on the hinges of the door. That being said, performing checks on the doors every few months to make sure that the hinges are secure and working properly will help make the repair process simpler. In fact, if you have your checks done by a professional at Handyman Services of Mountain View, they can do the repairs on the spot in most situations.
- Handle Damage – The same is true for handles, especially the handles that are on a manual door. With a lot of customers entering your store, there is a chance that the handle can become lose with time.
- Automatic Functionality Broken – If an automatic door stops opening and closing on its own, that can limit the entry points into your store. If you are not an electrician, these repairs can be difficult to perform, which is why it is best to contact a professional at Handyman Services of Mountain View.
Front Entry Doors
Why upgrade my front entry door?
You may be thinking that you don’t need to upgrade your front entry door, but if it’s been a while you may want to reconsider. In fact, front entry door replacement is one of the top 10 home improvement projects with the highest return on investment (ROI). Front door replacements are low cost and create a strong first impression for visitors, which enhances your curb appeal tremendously and can be a great way to boost your resale value.
Additionally, doors are a major source of energy saving power. In fact, they have the potential to lower heating and cooling costs by up to 15%! Talk about an improvement in energy efficiency. At Handyman Services of Mountain View, we specialize in finding the perfect entry door for your home. Whether you want something simple and standard or a customized design that you’ve designed, our team will work to find you the perfect fit for your home, lifestyle and budget.
If you’re looking for something low maintenance, fiberglass doors are for you. They don’t dent, rot or rust and are available in many finishes. For this reason, all of us at Handyman Services of Mountain View agree that fiberglass doors are the best choice.
Our fiberglass doors are Plastpro Brand Fiberglass, which come with a 25-year warranty on all of their doors (compared to the competition, which gives out 6-10 year warranties). Don’t settle for a discount door company when remodeling your entryway; choose Plastpro Brand from Handyman Services of Mountain View. While they are more expensive than other options, fiberglass doors come with too many benefits to ignore. Installing a fiberglass door provides you with close to no limitations and the following advantages:
- Little to no maintenance
- Resistance to rotting, warping, rusting, scratching, dentine and twisting
- High energy performance
- Customizable design, style and color options
- Twice the strength of other leading door materials
Commercial Entry Door And Frame Repair And Hardware Installation Services Mountain View, CA
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :Your clientele will make a decision about what type of business you operate in the first few seconds upon entering. Why not wow them with a gorgeous and professional looking door that strikes opulence and practicality in the minds of anyone entering your office. Get your business on the right track with a commercial door from Handyman Services of Mountain View. We offer repair services and new installations for commercial entry doors that help your business operate at the most professional and secure level.
Entry Door Repair Services:
- Hinge & pivot adjustments and replacement
- Door closer repair
- Frame repairs
- Door repairs
- Preventative maintenance
- 24-Hour Emergency Services.
When you need commercial entry door repair for your storefront doors or windows, call for a free onsite estimate! We can meet you after hours so you don’t have to close your business early for the day or open late. If you experience damage in the middle of the night then we are here to get the job done so you can go back to sleep tight.
No matter what type of entry doors your business has, we can help you install or repair the doors as needed. Simply call today to speak with a professional who can see to your commercial door needs in Mountain View, CA.
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :The most important advice during the entry door frame installation is to avoid warps and distortions of the construction. Verify the accuracy of all elements using the leveler at all stages up to the complete fixation of the frame in the opening.
Remove the old slab very carefully to avoid damage to the opening and the crack appearance. Remember that the method of entry door installation by non-professionals takes more time. Calculate the approximate time you need. Otherwise, you may face the problem when night has come and your door has not been inserted yet.
Remove the protective film from the door at the end of the process.
Test the accuracy. Slightly open the door at an angle of 45 degrees and leave it in this position for 15-20 seconds. Do the same for the 90 degrees angle. If it does not open / close itself, then the installation of the entrance door is made correctly.
The first step in every door installation project is to prepare the door and the doorway. This will give you an idea about the type of door you need and how to properly install it.
From there, the process to install both exterior, interior, and specialty doors is very similar. No worries, we’ve added a few helpful tips to make installing all types of doors easier.
- Pre-hung vs. simple doors
- Attach door hardware before installing the door
- Must-have door installation tools & materials
- Remove the old door
- Measure the rough opening
- Level the floor
- Use temporary blocks on the door jambs
- Test-fit the door in the opening
- The door gap is important
- Level the door unit with shims
- Check the alignment & attach hinges
- Adjust & attach the lock side
- Caulk the exterior door
- Pick doors appropriate to your climate
How Much Does It Cost To Install An Entry Door?
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :
Typical Range: $509 – $1,617
Average Cost to Install an Entry Door
Installing an exterior door costs an average of $1,051. Most surveyed homeowners report paying between $509 and $1,617. Many new, standard single styles cost $150 to $600 for materials alone, but they can easily reach into the thousands. Pre-hung styles are about $50 to $200 more than slab varieties but reduce labor and frame installation costs by 30 to 50 percent.
The average cost to install an exterior door is $1,050, or $250 to $3,500.
Different types offer a range of styles and purpose. They include everything from ornate custom wood to simple glass patio and screen varieties. More specialized choices, such as sliding, French, and fire-rated all play a unique role in the look and comfort of your home. There are literally dozens of brands with thousands of choices, so costs estimates vary from $150 to $20,000 or more.
Entry Door Cost Calculator
- National Average $1,051
- Typical Range $509 – $1,617
- Low End – High End $200 – $3,934
New Entry or Front Door Prices
- Steel $150-$1,400
- Fiberglass $150-$2,000
- Wood $500-$3,000
- Any material with Sidelights Add $700-$3,000
Fiberglass Entry Door
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :Fiberglass doors cost anywhere from $150 to $2,000. Extremely ornate models with sidelights and a transom run $3,000 or more. Fiberglass is a popular option that achieves a wood-like look with increased durability and minimal maintenance needs while providing excellent insulation value. It comes in basic and increasingly ornate varieties.
- Pros: inexpensive, no rust, does not require paint.
- Cons: few decorative elements, few glass options, does not enhance curb appeal.
- Pros: no rust, a range of styles that add curb appeal, glasswork, panels.
- Cons: more detailed models are expensive.
Wooden Entrance Door
Engineered wood doors cost only $200 to $500 while solid wood is the most expensive option at $500 to $5,000 or more. Wood is the most traditional and customizable option, but one that requires active maintenance to prevent warping and rot.
- Engineered: $200-$500
- Decorative Solid: $500-$5,000
Entry Doors with Sidelights Prices
Entry Door Installation And Repair Services near Mountain View, CA :Sidelights add an additional $500 to $2,500 to a standard install. Custom work can push the price higher. Sidelights are slim matching windows installed next to the front door and run from the top to the bottom of the frame. The pros and cons of each are the same as listed in the materials sections above.
Sidelight Costs by Material Type
Material Door + Sidelights
Steel $700 to $3,700
Fiberglass $700 to $5,000
Wood $1,500 to $5,000
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the best exterior door for direct sunlight?
Fiberglass is the least likely to fade from UV light and the least likely to warp or develop other issues.
What is the average entry door size?
The most common entry door size is 36-inches wide and 80-inches high, but there are other common sizes ranging from 30 to 32-inches wide and up to 96-inches tall.
How long does it take to install an exterior door?
Installation takes about 1 to 3 hours for a standard door, assuming there are no issues.
Can you just replace a door without replacing the frame?
You can if the frame is in good condition and matches the new door’s size, depth, and material.
Wood Doors or Fiberglass Doors?
Fiberglass Entry Doors have come a long way since the fake plastic wood grain look. If you are thinking of replacing your current door or are building a new home and cannot decide whether to use a wood or a fiberglass door
How much does a front door cost?
There are a lot of factors that will determine the cost of your door. Anything from decorative glass, to the material of your door, can end up increasing the price and contribute to your final decision.
Where should I buy a front door?
A specialty window and door dealer like Franklin Window and Door will have entry door experts that have had training from the factory where the entry doors are built. They will have brand name entry doors that are not available at Home Depot. They will also come out to your home, obtain measurements as well as help you design your door. There are design tools where you can design your new entry door on your home so you can see if it is the perfect entry door for you!
Whether you find your new entry door at Lowes, Menards or Home Depot, or whether you want something a little more custom, you can rest assured that your new entry door will make a big impact on the curb appeal of your home.
CALL US FOR:
- Entry Door Installation And Repair Services Near Mountain View, CA
- Door Installation And Repair
- Front Door Repair Service
- Residential Front Door Repair
- Door Installation
- Emergency Front Door Repair
- Entry Door Repair
- Exterior Door Installers
- House Door Repair Near Mountain View, CA
- Labor Cost To Remove And Install Exterior Door
- Entrance Door Installation Cost
- Cost To Remove Exterior Door And Replace With Wall
- Cost To Close Up An Exterior Door
- Labor Cost To Install Steel Entry Door
- Cost To Install Front Door With Sidelights
- Cost To Install Exterior Door In Wall
- Commercial Door Installation Cost Near Mountain View, CA
- Mountain View, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Los Altos, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Sunnyvale, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Los Altos Hills, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Palo Alto, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Cupertino, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Stanford, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- East Palo Alto, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Menlo Park, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Santa Clara, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Saratoga, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Campbell, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Milpitas, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Newark, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- Redwood City, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me
- San Jose, CA Entry Door Installation and Repair Service Near Me